Collagen-like Peptide Polymer with Gelating Property
- researcher's name
- research field
Structural biochemistry,Drug development chemistry,Biomolecular chemistry
● Needs of prion- and allergen-free collagen surrogates
● Natural collagen is multifunctional protein whose functions are indivisible.
● Preparation of recombinant collagen is still difficult
● Disulfide-crosslinked polymer of triple-helical peptides (Fig. 1)
● The material can be shaped into hydrogels and films etc. (Fig. 2).
● Cell behaviors can be regulated by introducing signaling sequences (Fig. 3).
● Cell behaviors can be regulated by altering the stiffness of the gel (Fig. 4).
● Free from pathogens or allergens
● Compatible with recombinantly expressed peptides
● Flexible in molecular design for functionalization
● Materials for medical use ex. Wound dressing, artificial cornea