Success in promoting plant growth for biodiesel
- researcher's name
- research field
Plant molecular biology/Plant physiology
● Biodiesel produced from seeds is focused as a next-generation fuel alternative to fossil fuels.
● We have succeeded in size enhancement of the model plant Arabidopsis using our original technology for accelerating transport within plants.
● Using this technology, It has been expected biomass enhancement of non-food biodiesel plants.
● We Focused on Camelina its oil from seeds used as a raw material for biodiesel.
● Succeeded in enhancement of seed production by heterologously expressing the high-speed Chara-Arabidopsis chimeric myosin XI gene in Camerina
● It was shown that the High-speed technology is effective in increasing the seed production of resource plants
● Common high-speed myosin can increase biomass production in related plant species
● Enhancement of Bioenergy: Bioethanol or Biodiesel.
● Enhancement of Feed and Food.
● Enhancement of fine Plants: Chemicals or Chinese medicines.
same researcher's seeds