Healing of Fatigue Crack in the Metallic Materials by Heat Treatment
- researcher's name
● Failure accidents by deterioration of infrastructure
● Fatigue is the main cause of failures in metallic structures.
● Implementation of static tensile strength of 75%
● Fatigue crack healing due to elimination of oxide film by vacuum heating, plasticity-induced crack closure and atomic diffusion.
● Improvement of long-term reliability and durability of machines and structures
● Reduction of life cycle cost by extending intervals of repair or disposal
● Repair of high-value-added products such as aircraft engine members
藤田 耕平 , KAWADA, Hiroyuki Professor