Fabrication of carbon nanotube yarn with high functionality
● CNT has 1000 times larger current capacity than metal
● It is difficult to achieve both high electrical conductivity and large current capacity by single material
● CNT composite yarn was developed by electrolytic plating
● Controlling of plating by changing plating condition
● Superior electrical conductivity (2.14×107 S/m)
● Low temperature dependency of resistivity
● Possibility of high productivity
● Enough strength as wiring material (0.9 GPa)
● High output motor utilizing small inertia moment
● High-frequency cable for audiovisual apparatus
- Fig.1 Fabrication of untwisted CNT yarn using ceramics dice from vertically aligned CNT array.
- Fig.2 Electrolytic plating on CNT yarn using cyanogen system plating bath in condition of 0.5～1.0 A /dm2, 10～30 minutes.
- Fig.3 Variation of plating by changing plating condition (Left: CNT-Au composite yarn, Right: CNT-Cu composite yarn).
酒井 貴広 (理工学術院 機械科学・航空学科) , HOSOI, Atsushi Professor (Faculty of Science and Engineering School of Fundamental Science and Engineering) , KAWADA, Hiroyuki Professor (Faculty of Science and Engineering School of Fundamental Science and Engineering)